At CFLW Cyber Strategies, we consider the security of our systems, network and products, of utmost importance. Despite the great care we take regarding security, vulnerabilities can still remain. If you have found such a weakness, we would like to hear about it as soon as possible so that we can take appropriate measures as quickly as possible.
Weak points can be discovered in two ways: you can accidently come upon something during the normal use of a digital environment, or you can explicitly do your best to find them.
Our responsible disclosure policy is not an invitation to actively scan our digital environment to discover vulnerabilities. We monitor our digital environment ourselves. This means that there is a high chance that a scan will be detected, and that an investigation will be performed by our security professionals.
However, you are invited to actively search for vulnerabilities in our products in an offline non-production environment and to report your findings to us. Our responsibility to our customers means that our intention is not to encourage hacking attempts on their infrastructure.
We would like to work with you to be able to better protect our customers and systems.
- E-mail your vulnerability findings as quickly as possible to email@example.com;
- Do not abuse the vulnerability; for example, by downloading, editing or deleting data. We will always take your report seriously and investigate any suspicions of a vulnerability, even ‘without proof’;
- Do not share the problem with others until it has been resolved;
- Do not make use of attacks on physical security, of social engineering or hacking tools, such as vulnerability scanners;
- Give adequate information for the problem to be reproduced so that we can resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability are enough, although more information might be necessary for more complex vulnerabilities.
- We will respond to your report within three business days, with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date;
- We will handle your report confidentially, and will not share your personal information with third parties without your permission. An exception to this is the police and judiciary in the event of prosecution or if information is demanded;
- We will keep you informed of the progress of the solution to the problem;
- In communication about the reported problem, we will state your name as the party that discovered the problem, if you wish;
- It is unfortunately not possible to guarantee in advance that no legal action will be taken against you. We hope to be able to consider each situation individually. We consider ourselves morally obligated to report you if we suspect the weakness or data are being abused, or that you have shared knowledge of the weakness with others. You can rest assured that an accidental discovery in our online environment will not lead to prosecution;
- As thanks for your help, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that is not known to us. We determine the value of the reward on the basis of the seriousness of the breach and the quality of the report.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, to keep all involved parties informed and we would like to be involved in any publication about the problem once it is resolved.
Our responsible disclosure policy is adopted from http://responsibledisclosure.nl/.
Have you found a vulnerability? Let us know as soon as possible!